Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Game-Based Learning

I'm sitting here on Snow day #3 and wondering how that darn groundhog still has a job?? How many times can he be this WRONG about the weather and still have a job? Spring, where are you? Are you coming around this year?
So both kids are down for naps and the half-sick hubby is also down for a nap and I'm finally getting some quiet time to focus on one of my last assignments for my first Master's class. The assignment requires reading the NMC Horizon Report > 2012 K-12 Edition and also watching some videos. One video that I have recently watched that stuck in my mind was one about a teacher transforming his class into a game-based classroom. He set up the entire structure of it to resemble that of a video game that students might play. They aren't given grades, but instead must master a level before going on to the next. See video.


The horizon report also discusses game-based learning. This idea has really sparked my interest. I plan to do much more digging in to this topic so be prepared for me to share some of the goodies I find with you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment