Friday, February 15, 2013

Teachers Trained Teachers

Well the day came and went. Today was our full day teacher-in-service day in which teachers teach sessions to fellow colleagues. Overall, I believe it went pretty well. My first session was called 30 Sites in 60 Minutes and I did just that, unrehearsed. I did a quick review of all the sites 30+ and then allowed time for teachers to explore and set up accounts on some of them. At the end, I also allowed them to share any sites with me that they use and then we added them to the Scoop. So be sure to check the link out again for the 30 Sites in 60 Minutes.My second session was on Google Spreadsheets. I believe it also went pretty well. Showed the group examples of spreadsheets I had created, how to set one up, and how to make changes to it one it is set up, including getting it to automatically average, add, subtract, etc. I had some Coaches in the session and they seemed to find some good uses for keeping track of their stats. I also had them do a Google Form and they then had it grade itself using the script Flubaroo. The last session I was in was not presented by me. It was a BYOC session (Build Your Own Curriculum). Our district bought this program in which it is a web-based curriculum building site. We are in the beginning stages of that program. It is one that takes several years to get going. I believe the day of teachers training teachers was an overall success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment