Thursday, February 7, 2013

Techno Update

I've discovered some new websites that I'd like to share. I had to share this one http://www.problem-attic.com/ with all of my colleagues today. It is a website that allows you to choose from topics or state standardized tests to create worksheets/tests/quizzes/MAP practice packets of your own. Instead of having to search through random state tests, this site seems to pull them all together and allows you to pick and choose which questions you want to use. This site is awesome and so far it is FREE! 


Another site I found and started digging into is http://www.zooburst.com/ This site looks like it has a lot of neat applications, but I wasn't able to explore them in too much depth yet. The free part of it is not very extensive, but you can purchase a subscription and get more options. The site allows you to create a storybook in somewhat 3D Augmented Reality. There are bound to be a lot of Communication Arts applications for this site! 


My 5th graders are beginning a new assignment this week. They are working on our first webquest and so far it is going great. It is a Force and Motion Webquest created by a teacher in Sikeston, MO. It's a great assignment for a very chatty and rambunctious group of kids. :) They have all been engaged each day and so far are working pretty hard. http://www.sikeston.k12.mo.us/sjhs/forceandmotionwebquest/intro.htmlStill loving my job and learning more and more each day about technology innovation. 

1 comment:

  1. Emily-

    I would love to be your newest follower! I pushed the subscribe by email link? I was a fifth grade teacher for many years and moved states and now am a first grade teacher for the first time! Yikes! It has been quite an adjustment! I am trying blogging with the hope of connecting and learning from others! I have not had much time to put into my blog yet.. it was a New Year's Resolution, but my goal is to figure it all out over Feb. break!

    Emma
    Ms. Emma's Edventure

    ReplyDelete